Fixed

Weather app resets map zoom

Mr. Fusion 6 years ago updated by Tyler Owen (Lead Developer) 6 years ago 7

When the map is left zoomed in, opening the weather app screen at any time resets it to the default full view.

Could not replicate

I've made a couple other fixes before I checked on this one and now I can't recreate it. You'll have to let me know if the next update fixes it for you or if there is something else that might be triggering the issue.

It still happens in 0.61.2 for me so I'm not sure why didn't/doesn't for you. Open the map screen, use the "+" or maximum zoom button to zoom in from the default full view, switch to the weather screen, switch back to the map, and it's back to the default full map view.

Planned

Sorry, I misread your original post. I'll take a look at a fix.

Fixed

I've got this fixed for the next update.

This issue (or rather, a variation of it) appears to be back in 0.62. The map zoom level is simply not retained when switching away from the navigation screen then back, or closing and reopening the datapad from/to the navigation screen. Basically, it resets to full view every time the player leaves then revisits the navigation screen in any way.

Under review

I didn't get around to checking this yet for 0.62.1, but I'll get to it soon.

Fixed

Yeah, something I did must have undid the old fix, but I've got it working again for the next patch. Thanks.