I have to first say thanks for the amazing Job thus far on the cinematographic of this game. NOICE - I know when starting out you need to find the purple dot on the map so that you can goto it amd move forward. But there is not on the MAP... Eck Any help out there pointing us in the direction?
I encountered several bugs in a 9 hour play session a day or so ago. Here they are:
1. Upon sleeping/saving, the three WayStats surrounding Habitat Alpha went offline for no reason. I went to bed, woke up, and the icons were gone from the map. I walked to one of the WayStats from memory, turned it off and on again, and it worked just fine but nonetheless continued to not show up on the map. Any WayStats affected in this way remained this way for the remainder of the game and the issue persisted through restarts of the program.
2. After #1, I had icons move around on the map. Two white diamonds moved to the Northeast of the map (where I had yet to actually travel).
3. At Hab Beta, every Solar Panel Mount on the Water Reclaimer would bring up the RTG Mount instead when clicked on. The RTG Mount brought up something else instead (that I don't remember). The Solar Mounts were unfixable as a result.
4. At Hab Beta, I encountered a duplicate door. That is, the interior Hab door had two doors overlaid on one another. I had to open the door and then open another clipping through it to access the interior. Entering and exiting the Hab resolved the issue.
5. Crafting items did not properly consume resources in certain situations. For example, crafting a Filled Oxygen Canister would not properly delete the empty one. Later in the same game, it did. This happened with a few things and seemed random overall.
6. The pod you begin in does not show up on the map yet continues to show up on the scanner. This made navigation in the starting area confusing.
7. Occasionally, a container would show the wrong inventory. Opening up a Downed Satellite (that I had definitely never been to) instead opened up my Player Inventory. The label on satellite also said "Player Inventory" instead of "Supply Barrel" as it had in encounters with other similar units in the same play session.
8. I encountered the "Battery would not recharge" issue other players mentioned on here, but I also recall the dev saying that that issue has been solved so I'm not sure if it would apply here. I fixed it by restarting the game.
I have video of my entire play session (minus the opening bit as I forgot to turn the recorder on >_< ) & screenshots of some of these issues to hand. I haven't posted them online anywhere so as not to violate embargo, but I can provide them to the developer upon request. I also still have my save file and can provide that as well upon request.
Having a great time with the game, however I've run into an issue (twice in two separate games). My hab won't produce either oxygen or water, but the modules are online (and water says producing in the hab status screen but nothing is happening) and diagnostics of each also indicates they should be producing. Not sure if I'm just missing something or what is going on.
I still die. I only found one habitat everytime. I found other things, collected many stuff to eat but it was to late to go back. The vitals were low. That you can only eat in the habitats raises the difficult level.
Oh will there be different difficult levels?
I was trying to bring the first navigation beacon online and when I would select the circuit board it would give me the stats for "Fuse 3". I could not get navigation enabled.
If I Alt+Tab on Windows and then click to reopen the game my mouse is no longer locked to the context of the game. I my mouse moves to a different monitor and I click the game will minimize.
This has happened twice so far. Had to force quit it both times. I did not do anything special, just tried to enter or exit the habitat with my flashlight switched on.
- Checking habitat status: I was confused when I opened up the habitat status screen and wasn't able to navigate using the arrow keys over to the exit button. I had to press E to bring up my pad again as the usual menu so I could navigate to the exit button.
- Could there be some kind of indicator when our vitals drop to a dangerous point? I died on my first game and didn't know what killed me because I hadn't checked my vitals.
- Inside the habitat, you can check the status computer on the other side of the wall if you stand close to it. I think it's to the left when you enter.
- I ran my battery down to a critical point, then went to sleep and it charged up to 100% but the warning indicator stayed above the battery gauge.
- After every wake-up I would leave the habitat and get a message that says something to the effect of "the exterior battery was not sufficient to charge suit" even though the suit is at 100%.
- My exhaustion vital resets to "well rested" whenever I enter the habitat.
If you hold down the run key while crouched you hear the heavy breathing and see the increased oxygen usage from running despite remaining crouched and moving at the same speed.
Customer support service by UserEcho