One suggestion would be to not delete a saved game if you die, instead just allow you to continue playing from the last save. Right now I just do a backup if I'm not sure I'm going to make it, but I don't see a reason for punishing the player. It's punishment enough to loose the progress you've made since the last save.
When entering or inside the hab, make it possible to restock your suit without going outside, either by a control panel or some message popping up. Reason for this is that maybe you enter the hab when it's day outside, thus oxygen and battery reserves are full for the hab, but you might want to spend time inside to sleep, craft or eat/drink. You then want to take advantage of the daytime by stocking up the suit so the hab can begin to refill what you've taken, but going in and then outside and going in again is sort of annoying. There have been times where I've not thought about this, went inside, wasted time so it became dark outside, and then when I was ready to leave I accidentally drained my hab of a lot of resources. Most problematic is energy since everything uses that and the suit battery is 1:1 to the hab's battery, so a suit with only 20% energy sucks away 80% of the hab and then it's not long until everything becomes powerless and you can't do a lot.
Or even better just have the hab continue to refill the suit once the reserves are at 100%
It would be nice if you can interface your datapad with modules you've visited before to run remote diagnostics. That way you can monitor WayPoint stations and if they are about to fail without having to spend a day trying to reach them. For hab modules it's certainly nice but not super important as you can just run around quickly before you go out/inside and each each of them individually. Would also be nice if failed things would show up on the map in some way (perhaps greyed out).
So I made my home then abandoned it to go to another one, then it seems I just go to another one, is the whole game based on forever finding habitats, or is there a way to grow food expand batteries make vehicles and so forth?
I did not list my video as per the embargo but if the devs would like to see my experience, I managed not to die so far. you can contact me for an unlisted link to view what I did.
I loved playing it so far, I just am curious on story mode and what can be done in survival.
minus some minor bugs I experienced, this game looks fantastic!!
I have to first say thanks for the amazing Job thus far on the cinematographic of this game. NOICE - I know when starting out you need to find the purple dot on the map so that you can goto it amd move forward. But there is not on the MAP... Eck Any help out there pointing us in the direction?
I encountered several bugs in a 9 hour play session a day or so ago. Here they are:
1. Upon sleeping/saving, the three WayStats surrounding Habitat Alpha went offline for no reason. I went to bed, woke up, and the icons were gone from the map. I walked to one of the WayStats from memory, turned it off and on again, and it worked just fine but nonetheless continued to not show up on the map. Any WayStats affected in this way remained this way for the remainder of the game and the issue persisted through restarts of the program.
2. After #1, I had icons move around on the map. Two white diamonds moved to the Northeast of the map (where I had yet to actually travel).
3. At Hab Beta, every Solar Panel Mount on the Water Reclaimer would bring up the RTG Mount instead when clicked on. The RTG Mount brought up something else instead (that I don't remember). The Solar Mounts were unfixable as a result.
4. At Hab Beta, I encountered a duplicate door. That is, the interior Hab door had two doors overlaid on one another. I had to open the door and then open another clipping through it to access the interior. Entering and exiting the Hab resolved the issue.
5. Crafting items did not properly consume resources in certain situations. For example, crafting a Filled Oxygen Canister would not properly delete the empty one. Later in the same game, it did. This happened with a few things and seemed random overall.
6. The pod you begin in does not show up on the map yet continues to show up on the scanner. This made navigation in the starting area confusing.
7. Occasionally, a container would show the wrong inventory. Opening up a Downed Satellite (that I had definitely never been to) instead opened up my Player Inventory. The label on satellite also said "Player Inventory" instead of "Supply Barrel" as it had in encounters with other similar units in the same play session.
8. I encountered the "Battery would not recharge" issue other players mentioned on here, but I also recall the dev saying that that issue has been solved so I'm not sure if it would apply here. I fixed it by restarting the game.
I have video of my entire play session (minus the opening bit as I forgot to turn the recorder on >_< ) & screenshots of some of these issues to hand. I haven't posted them online anywhere so as not to violate embargo, but I can provide them to the developer upon request. I also still have my save file and can provide that as well upon request.
Having a great time with the game, however I've run into an issue (twice in two separate games). My hab won't produce either oxygen or water, but the modules are online (and water says producing in the hab status screen but nothing is happening) and diagnostics of each also indicates they should be producing. Not sure if I'm just missing something or what is going on.
I still die. I only found one habitat everytime. I found other things, collected many stuff to eat but it was to late to go back. The vitals were low. That you can only eat in the habitats raises the difficult level.
Oh will there be different difficult levels?
I was trying to bring the first navigation beacon online and when I would select the circuit board it would give me the stats for "Fuse 3". I could not get navigation enabled.
If I Alt+Tab on Windows and then click to reopen the game my mouse is no longer locked to the context of the game. I my mouse moves to a different monitor and I click the game will minimize.
Customer support service by UserEcho