+1
Started

Keyboard controls for inventory management needs improvment.

Twilight Sparkle 7 years ago updated by Tyler Owen (Lead Developer) 6 years ago 6

Currently, to add/remove items to/from a container you have to...

Click on crate.

press down (or right)

enter

press down (or right)

enter

repeat until done.

This gets pretty old fast and is even more annoying if you are only trying to pull certain items out because of the automatic reset to the top left hand square.

If you have the cursor remember and stay at its current position, the above problems would be greatly reduced.

Ex:

Click on crate

press down (or right)

enter

enter

enter

enter

repeat.

The result would be half as many clicks for the player to move the inventory.

+1
Planned

I 100% agree. I'm working on improvements like this right now. I'm also looking at a "Withdraw All" option, but there are some hurdles to get past before I can implement it. Thanks for the feedback.

I would love to see the Withdraw All option. I am a hoarder by nature in survival games so I tend to grab everything and store it at home base.

Noticed another annoyance with the keyboard control.

If you want to take a stack of items..

<Move over item>

Enter

Click over to the number area

Increment it up (click, click, click, click, click, click, click)

move over to accept

enter

Another idea I had is to have dedicated key bindings for common tasks for the tablet.

Press ___ to transfer all.

Press ___ to transfer.  (whatever number you've put it) (Won't have to click back to the confirm button)

Press ___ for map.

Press ___ for health.

Press ___ for inventory.

Press ___ to drink water (if possible) (So we don't have to open the tablet, go to inventory, go to water, press enter, go to water, press enter, etc until full)

Press ___ to eat food (if possible) (Dito)

Press ___ to go back/cancel.

etc.

etc.

These are some good ideas. I'll work on incorporating them soon.

+1
Started

Withdraw all was implemented some time ago. There's another small improvement coming for next update. The selection cursor will now return to the previous selected position instead of snapping back to the first item in the list.