+9
Under review

Clues to other Habitats co-ordinates should be found in documents

ElyCyan 7 years ago updated by Stoutman 7 years ago 7

I'm at the point in the game where I need to find two other habitats. (Not that far in, I know.) But I am not given any clue to where they are, and I am left to crawl the Martian landscape blinding looking as far as I can tell.

I wish there was a document I could find, in the landing crafts or the first habitat, that could give me a general direction to try to find the next habitat.

+1

It does say on the pad that they are indicated on the scanner (purple circle). However, I only see one of the habitat (Alpha) and stuggle to find the others as well.

+1
Under review

This is something that several players have suggested, so I may include more hints of their location soon. Though I will say that they are not intended to be found easily because they contain many valuable supplies.

Yeah, to be honest, I was surprisingly happy when I found the second habitat in the middle of nowhere.

It would be nice if they were located near the nav stations. Or maybe they are, and I just haven't explored close enough to the new ones I have discovered? This is only my first day playing.

Habitat Beta is located near one of the nav stations. I don't know about habitat Gamma yet.

+1

I realized everything is laid out on a grid system. All the Navstats and other points of interest are CURRENTLY laid out near the points on the grid, while the habitats are laid out in the centers of the squares formed by the grid. There is enough random scatter to make the map more interesting to look at, but it all breaks down that way. If you find a Navstat, follow one of the cardinal directions to one of the other 15. Repeat until you find them all. Once you've started plotting out the grid, you can just follow the cardinal directions in the spaces and narrow it down through process of elimination.

+1

I found that a simple exploration method works for finding stuff. Gear up, start walking in one direction. When your o2 is halfway gone, turn around and go back. Next time try a different direction. It works for me :) Having a tank of o2 helps extend your range. But hunger can still become an issue.