The current navigation and scanning functionality offers little incentive to discover, activate and maintain WayStats; you need to activate only one and you get the whole navigation package in one go. While the addition of weather monitoring at some later time will make the advanced part (fuse slots and fuses) of it more important, the base function could also benefit from a more gradual bonus approach and some added/extended functionality:
- No active WayStat: no navigation related functionality at all (no compass, no coordinates, visited locations not marked on map, photos taken not tagged with coordinates, no position tracking on the map, "No nav" text instead of compass), 300 m scan range.
- 1 WayStat: compass display, Habs and WayStats can be waypoints, 400 m scan range.
- 2 WayStats: coordinates display, visited "white" locations marked on map, white and photo locations can be waypoints, 550 m scan range.
- 3 WayStats: position tracking on map, custom location can be placed freely and set as waypoint, 750 m scan range.
- 4 or more WayStats: distance to "pings" shown in scan mode even for unvisited locations, 1000 m scan range, (visited "blue" locations marked on map?), (scan "pings" immediately marked on map with generic icon without having to actually go there first?).
Additionally, each active WayStat could slightly (maybe by 50 meters, up to 500-600 meters max?) increase the detection range for "blue" locations.
Customer support service by UserEcho