Completed

Blue location detection range feels way too short

Mr. Fusion 7 years ago updated by Tyler Owen (Lead Developer) 7 years ago 1

Until now I was under the impression that the secondary locations marked with blue are picked up by the scanner in a 300 meters range, which seemed like a reasonable distance, so I didn't really pay attention to the actual distance. The EVA suit documentation also mentions only the 300 meters and 1000 meters ranges, and also in a somewhat confusing manner, saying that WayStats increase the 300 meters range to 1000 meters, not specifying if it's true for all location types (it effectively is true for anything but the blue locations, as far as I could tell).

However, blue locations appear to be detected only from around 145-155 meters, which is about half of even the base scanner range, not to mention the 1000 meters (which may or may not apply to these locations, as the documentation is unclear about it), and feels extremely limited; you have to get so close to these locations for the scanner to detect them that from there you can just spot them visually, so such a short detection range is practically useless.

Completed

Agreed, this was an oversight when adjusting old values for scanner range. However, blue scanner highlights are to indicate individual containers rather than larger equipment, so their transmitters are not the same. I've increased the base scanner range for all blue container highlights to 300 meters, but their detection distance will not be increased by having an active WayStat.