Planned

Incorrect shadows in "Materials" and "Equipment" storage

Mr. Fusion 6 years ago updated by Tyler Owen (Lead Developer) 6 years ago 4

When the Materials and Equipment storage compartments have very few items/boxes in them, some of the shadows the storage elements not currently visible would cast are still visible on the back of the compartments.

In the Materials area there is a very noticeable black area consisting of multiple overlapping rectangles with the rest of the back surface being lit as expected, while the back of the Equipment area is just completely unlit compared to how the back of the Consumables area, or the non-occluded parts of the Materials area look like.

Under review

I bet I know what happened here. Most shadows in the habs are baked and I probably forgot to disable the item models when baking the shadows, so it's displaying the shadows even when the items are disabled. I'll check it out. Thanks.

I forgot that there are several premade hab interiors. In case it matters, according to the output log the one I was entering when I noticed this is referred to as "Habitat_C".

Planned

I can see the issue in Habitat C but I don't think it was caused by any objects in the scene. Seems like it is just an error with the lightmap rendering. I'll probably just try to run the render again and see if it improves.

I have some future improvements planned for the habitats, so I think I'm going to hold off on a re-render of the lightmaps until then. It takes quite a while to do and the error here is relatively small.