Planned

Dust devils pass through habitats

Mr. Fusion 6 years ago updated by Tyler Owen (Lead Developer) 6 years ago 1

Dust devils can enter the area/volume occupied by the habitat model and even stay inside the model for a long while before moving on. While this is likely an extremely rare thing to happen, it still doesn't look right when it does happen.

I don't know if there is an animation or effect for when the dust devils appear and disappear or they are always spawned out of sight to avoid the need for such thing. If there is, they could simply dissolve when getting closer than a few meters to a habitat, and if there isn't, they could temporarily get a specific movement direction away from the habitat location when they get into the vicinity of one (in a radius large enough so that they can't touch the systems and the solar panel mounts either) instead of the normal random wandering behaviour.

This is probably an issue with anything else large enough for a dust devil to visibly pass through it, such as the PRT model.

Planned

I knew this was a possibility, but I just hadn't encountered it so I didn't prioritize an edge case solution for it yet. The ones you proposed would work nicely. I'll plan on implementing something soon.