When you double click on a component slot not at 99%, the following sequence will occur:
- Screen darkens and repair timer starts.
- Datapad comes up with the Replace/Repair/Cancel screen without selection shortly after the repair timer started.
- When the repair timer is up, timer and screen darkening goes away and Datapad switches to home screen.
- At this time, the Datapad can only be dismissed with the E key, it will not react to Esc, but will switch to other screens with their hotkeys. If LMB is clicked without leaving the home screen, the selection highlight will be lost until switching to another screen.
- The next time you interact with something, the Datapad will open with the home screen instead of the expected interaction screen of the given object.
If the component slot was at maximum condition, then on duble clicking it the Replace/Repair/Cancel screen may sometimes come up without selection highlight and stay until dismissed with Esc, but this does not happen all the time.
Customer support service by UserEcho