The PRT appears to be still prone to not settling properly to the ground under certain circumstances, and it migth be either the result or the cause of a massive transient performance issue.
When I left a "cell" with a PRT in it on foot, then returned to that cell later, the PRT was in the air with the wheels being at about eye height, but overall aligned to the slope of the terrain under it. The odd thing is that it did not not occur on the initial discovery of the PRT(s), at that time it was properly on the ground. It also doesn't occur after a transition to hab interior then back out when the PRT is in the same cell (ok, not sure about if it's true for the entire cell, but it doesn't happen with the PRT right next to the hab I'm exiting from).
The other issue is that when entering (on foot, at this time I'm not sure if it happens when driving a PRT too, when you have two of them available) into a cell which has a PRT in it that's already been discovered (but not necessarily moved / used), the game goes through a really bad stall. First I get the usual short cell load period, which causes a slight stutter, then massive HDD usage starts, the game locks up, the system cursor appears over it, then the game minimizes itself and cannot be brought back up by clicking on its taskbar icon. During this time, there's constant HDD activity, but the memory/CPU use of the game process does not change from what it normally is. Then after about a minute the HDD activity suddenly stops and the game pops back up on its own with the pause menu open, and from there it runs with the expected performance again.
A factor in all this might be that in this game I have two PRTs, however, they are in different cells, so not loaded together.
Brief description of what happened and when:
- Initial discovery of first PRT at a random location, no issues with cell load, PRT was on the ground.
- Moving the PRT to home base, entering/exiting the hab multiple times but not leaving the cell, no issues (other than the loading indicator being stuck as reported in another topic).
- Driving the PRT to another cell with the third hab and a second PRT in it, which is the initial discovery of both, no issues with cell load, second PRT was on the ground.
- Driving first PRT back to home base (second stays where it was, never having been entered), entering/exiting the hab multiple times but not leaving the cell, no issues.
- Exploration on foot to a third cell with no PRT in it (first PRT is at home base, second PRT is in the cel it was discovered), no issues.
- Returning from third cell to the one where the home base and the first PRT is, game stall on cell load, PRT is in the air once reached.
- Exploration on foot to the same third cell as before with no PRT in it (first PRT is at home base, second PRT is in the cel it was discovered), no issues. Continuing from that cell to the one where the second PRT is, game stall on loading the cell which has the second PRT, second PRT is in the air once reached.
Customer support service by UserEcho