There needs to be an option for mouse control for operating the tablet on PC.
The current control flow is as follows:
*Need to look something up on pad*
Takes hand off of mouse
right cursor, down cursor, etc
puts hand back on mouse
press e to close.
So, with the current control scheme I'm having to take my hand off of the mouse anyway to be able to operate the tablet. So making a floating mouse cursor (finger/glove?) to easily and intuitively click on items on the tablet would make it allot less aggravating. Please at least consider making it a game option.
I'm following the initial Sandbox story. I'm at Alpha Hab fixing the modules however sometimes when I remove a component all the Look, Movement and Interact controls seize up after I've taken it. It doesn't happen every time, but it has occurred 3 times in the last 30 mins trying to get the modules repaired. When it happens I also lose access to the Datapad or Inventory, but I can still jump, crouch, flashlight, scanner. I have no choice but to Quit and start again from the beginning.
Translated from German post in Steam Forums:
Activate under "Options"> "Controls" "Old Datapad Controls", then I can no longer use the bed and thus no longer save the game. I switch "Alt Datapad Controls" again, then everything works as usual again.
If I go with "Alt Datapad Controls" switched on with a click on "Main Menu" out of the game, it always happens that the resolution (Display Resolution) is adjusted to 640 x 480.
OS: Windows 7 64bit Ultimate
Can someone confirm the two bugs someone?
Starting a new game in sandbox mode, I am finding that I cannot navigate the tablet using either the default 'arrow key' controls nor the alternative 'wasd' controls. I can activate whatever button happens to be highlighted at the time, but cannot change the 'active button' in any way except for once by accident. I had an XBox 360 controller plugged in that seemed partially active, and have had troubles in the past with some games not liking the controller, but after unplugging it the problem persists.
Currently, to add/remove items to/from a container you have to...
Click on crate.
press down (or right)
press down (or right)
repeat until done.
This gets pretty old fast and is even more annoying if you are only trying to pull certain items out because of the automatic reset to the top left hand square.
If you have the cursor remember and stay at its current position, the above problems would be greatly reduced.
Click on crate
press down (or right)
The result would be half as many clicks for the player to move the inventory.
When you double click on a component slot not at 99%, the following sequence will occur:
- Screen darkens and repair timer starts.
- Datapad comes up with the Replace/Repair/Cancel screen without selection shortly after the repair timer started.
- When the repair timer is up, timer and screen darkening goes away and Datapad switches to home screen.
- At this time, the Datapad can only be dismissed with the E key, it will not react to Esc, but will switch to other screens with their hotkeys. If LMB is clicked without leaving the home screen, the selection highlight will be lost until switching to another screen.
- The next time you interact with something, the Datapad will open with the home screen instead of the expected interaction screen of the given object.
If the component slot was at maximum condition, then on duble clicking it the Replace/Repair/Cancel screen may sometimes come up without selection highlight and stay until dismissed with Esc, but this does not happen all the time.
When you use the left mouse button as the "Confirm" input while trying to install a system component, the selection highlight will disappear when the bottom of left side panel switces to the Install/Cancel selection and you need to abort the process by switching to another screen or lowering the Datapad to get it back:
- Click on an empty slot you have a suitable component for.
- Navigate the selection to "Replace Component", but use LMB to activate it instead of Enter.
- (Navigate to the suitable comonent and ) Use LMB to select the component to install.
- The selection highlight disappears, as opposed to jumping to the Install option as it would if Enter was used to select the component.
When you interact with component slots (including solar panel mounts) or the status display of a hab system, you can still look and move, being able to walk away from the system with the Datapad left open and remove/replace the component or repair the slot from any distance.
As I recall, previously (prior to 0.61.1) you got locked in place while interacting with anything that cause the Datapad to come up.
Customer support service by UserEcho